Lately I've been getting compliments on my skin..
& it's no coincidence that they noticed all this melanin poppin' *inserts smirk face lol. Recently I have taken more pride in my skin. It wasn't horrible but I knew a few easy steps would make it better. Plus I started wearing more makeup & y'all know I just turned 25 & things go down hill from there. lol. So yea I gotta keep it right keep it tight! lmao.
Anywaysss..my skincare regimen is easy. I wash my face with black soap 2-3 times a week, moisturize, do a black soap face mask about once every two weeks, & drink more water than I drink anything else.
Yep. That's it. Simple.
But recently I've decided to take things a step further. I got my first facial! Of course I went to none other but Meticulous Spa. I've always wanted a facial but I was bit skeptical because I just didn't know what all it entails. The "Glo & Go" facial was quick & easy & gave my skin that extra glow that I like.
Here's the process!
Special Cleansing Gel
1. A Special Cleansing Gel that can be used on all skin types was applied. It's a soap free gel that foams away impurities without leaving skin feeling tight or dry. It was massaged on my skin for 3 minutes then removed with a hot towel.
2. A skin analysis was then performed to look for wrinkles, dehydration, sun damage, oils, and hyper-pigmentation. It was found that my skin was combination/dry with oils more so on the nose and chin.
3. My skin was then exfoliated with Multivitamin Power Exfoliate which is used for skin smoothness & includes A,C, and E age fighting vitamins to help remove dead skin cells & then massaged gently for 6 minutes. It does heat up or may cause a little tingling. But it wasn't bad. & you know beauty is pain. lol.
Skin Hydrating Masque
4. A Skin Hydrating Masque that has hyaluronic acid that delivers time released hydration to dry, stressed, or tight skin was applied & massaged for 6 minutes. Then to my surprise I got an arm & hand massage! Whoop! lol. This time allowed the product to penetrate the skin deeper. Then it was removed with a hot towel.
5. Antioxidant Hydramist was applied that shields against skin -damaging free radicals while reducing fine, dryness lines.
Total Eye Care
6. Total Eye Care SPF 15 was applied around the eyes. It's a 3 in 1 day treatment for eyes to conceal dark circles, retexturize, & shield with broad spectrum sunscreens.
Solar Defense Booster
7. My facial was finished with Solar Defense SPF 50 to protect against UV rays & Renewal Lip Complex that deeply nourishes the lip area.
Renewal Lip Complex
I'm very pleased with the results. When I was younger my skin caused me to be a bit self-conscious. As I get older I'm starting to appreciate my body more & take more pride in self-care in all aspects from physical to emotional in order to feel beautiful both inside & out. So I urge you as a female to take the steps necessary to take care of yourself from mentally to physically & to preserve your health & beauty.
To book your facial with Meticulous Spa just click here!
Have you gotten a facial before? Tell me about it below!!